By ROBIN HILL
For the Express
CAP-PY Ducks, sponsored by LivingADK, are available again for their summer adoption. The 13th annual CAP-PY Duck Derby is planned for Labor Day weekend, Sunday, September 3. We expect over 3,000 rubber ducks to launch themselves from the Old Forge bridge on State Route 28 into the Moose River.
As a result of our generous local businesses, we again have 19 awesome prizes. We are so appreciative of the continued support we receive from our community and visitors which allows us to continue the important work we do.
Prizes for 2023 include:
• Grand Prize – $1,000 cash sponsored by Adirondack Bank and Enchanted Forest/Water Safari/Old Forge Camping Resort/Calypso’s Cove/Water’s Edge Inn
• 2nd Prize – A beautiful stained-glass lamp from Meyda Lighting
• 3rd Prize – Intricately Hand Carved Adirondack Screen Door created by Ken Ferris Studios
• 4th Prize – 2-Night Stay at Great Pines Resort
• 5th Prize – Rafting Trip for 4 sponsored by Adirondack Rafting Outfitters
• 6th Prize – 2-Night Stay at Big Moose Inn
• 7th Prize – Half-Day Boat Rental from Rivett’s Marine and Dining Card from Daiker’s Inn on 4th Lake
• 8th Prize – Round of Golf for 4 w/cart @ Thendara Golf Club plus a Dining Certificate at Front Door Diner/Back Door Bar & Archie’s Alley
• 9th Prize – $375 Gift Card good towards lodging or dining at Woods Inn
• 10th Prize – Half-Day Pontoon Boat Rental from Dunn’s Boat Service to include dinner for 4 at The Waldheim Resort on Big Moose Lake
• 11th Prize – Adirondack Carved Screen Door from Ken Ferris Studios
• 12th Prize – Gift basket of goodies from Old Forge Hardware & Furniture Co.
• 13th Prize – $250 Cash from Co-Sponsors Rainbow Zen and Nunn’s Better Cookies
• 14th Prize – $200 Gift Card from Mountainman Outdoor Supply
• 15th Prize – One Transferable McCauley Mt. 5-Day Ski Pass or Snowmobile Trail Permit from McCauley Mountain Ski Area
• 16th Prize – $100 Movie Pass from The Strand Theatre in Old Forge
• 17th Prize – VIEW Family Membership and Exhibition Watercolor poster
• 18th Prize – Lunch Cruise for 2 from Raquette Lake Navigation Company
• 19th Prize – (2) $35 Dining Certificates from Mountainside Smokehouse & Grill
The CAP-PY Duck Derby is an important fundraising event for LivingADK. This annual event helps us to continue our grant writing and community development work for the region of Forestport through Raquette Lake and adjoining communities. To date, LivingADK has helped to return over $13 million in reinvestment into this region.
The raffle ticket purchase transaction will be handled the same as 2023. We will be selling our duck tickets in numerical order. A ticket receipt will be issued at time of purchase.
Tickets may be purchased at LivingADK’s office at the rear of the Adirondack Bank building, at The Old Forge Farmers Market on Fridays from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. starting June 16, or at the Town of Webb Visitor Information Office adjacent to the town beach.
Duck Adoption is $5 per Duck or a Flock of Five for $20.
Prizes must be claimed within 90 days after race date.
Don’t miss out and support a great organization that is striving to make our great communities even better by improving access to healthcare and human services, expansion of high-speed broadband and telecommunications, community housing solutions and a resilient economy to leverage and protect the natural assets that define us.